Monday, September 12, 2005

Buster, Buster-Part Four

Living in South Carolina most of my life we
only had snow about once a winter if we were lucky.
The same here in North Georgia. I had never made a
snow angel until I moved to North Georgia.
Annie shared that wonderful experience with me.
We lay in the snow made our snow angels and
laughed.
We laughed even harder watching our beloved
dogs play in our yearly snow. Sebastian and
Buster were big snow lovers. Lil' Bit not so
much. The snow got her precious feet wet...And,
she just could not have her feet wet.
Buster being the short little thing he was
would run and play for hours (if we let him)
in the snow. We had to make Buster and Sebastian
come inside. Buster would have snow tags hanging
from all his hair.
They were so cute running and playing with their
doggie sweaters on making their own version of
doggie snow angels. Buster would roll in the snow
completely covering himself with the white stuff.
Looking at his face we could see a big doggie grin.

Lil'Bit would stand in the snow only after we
would clear away a snow spot for her....Then
she would stand there in the grass long enough
to potty....Look up at us as if to say OK I'm
done hold me now please.
I would take her into the yard and put her down
in the snow. It was too funny watching her run
to the porch to the safety of no snow.
Buster tried to get her to play with him in
the snow....She would have no part of it.

17 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hello! I just stopped by for a first time visit. My sister has lived in both states you mention. Stop by to say HI if you have time!

Monday, September 12, 2005 11:35:00 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Dogs are fun aren't they? Lil' Bit sounds like such a princess and Buster very playful!
I didn't know it snowed in Georgia! Shows how much I know!
I told Annie Happy Anniversary and I want to tell you too. Sounds like you had a very nice evening! Congrats Jan!

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 9:51:00 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

I love the snow !!!
my pup loves to run around and get snowballs stuck all over him until he looks like a snowman !
he doesn't last long though--he too has sensitive little toesies and wants the warmth again.
I have to sit him in front of the fireplace and hold him wrapped in a towel until he thaws out !
LOL
hugs,
Karen

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 9:52:00 PM  
Blogger for_the_lonely said...

I know that I am a little late here, but I wanted to wish you a happy anniversary as well! You and Annie are just wonderful women...I love you two to death! LOL Congrats, and best wishes to both of you!

Love,
Sarah

Wednesday, September 14, 2005 12:13:00 AM  
Blogger Miladysa said...

It was raining here this morning. We have a little puppy, 7 weeks old and today the first time he experienced rain. It was so sweet :)

Thursday, September 15, 2005 3:21:00 PM  
Blogger Lois Lane said...

I bet that was a hoot to watch!
Have a great weekend!
Lois Lane

Friday, September 16, 2005 12:56:00 PM  
Blogger meelo said...

thanks for still visiting my unusually barren blog, jan. your cyber-presence is of great comfort to me. just knowing that y'all are there, somehow, makes it all a little better.

Saturday, September 17, 2005 9:38:00 PM  
Blogger Carie said...

I recently (a year ago) lost the dog I had shared most of my life with, her name was Petrie (land before time) I had her since I was a kid...she was my best friend and man do I miss all those moments

I have 3 dogs now and they make all my days fun, they are goofy and silly and my babies lol

I love reading all about the dogs... I look forward to the next post :o)

Friday, September 23, 2005 9:47:00 AM  
Blogger Lois Lane said...

In the event I don't make it by tomorrow, Happy Birthday doll! Hope you have a wonderful day!
Lois Lane

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 1:09:00 PM  
Blogger A Flowered Purse said...

Happy birthday Tomorrow Jan!!!!
Love
DIanna

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 5:05:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hello! I just Linked your site. Enjoy your writing!

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 8:35:00 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Happy Birthday Jan !
hope you have a great day :)
hugs,
Karen

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 7:36:00 AM  
Blogger Carie said...

Happy Birthday :)

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 10:25:00 AM  
Blogger Lois Lane said...

I made it back so I'll say it again HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! (Lois throws contetti in your general direction)
Lois Lane

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 12:54:00 PM  
Blogger Clandestine said...

i thought for sure i posted here yesterday.

ah well.

happy birthday yesterday! :)

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 1:36:00 PM  
Blogger A Flowered Purse said...

Just dropping in to tell you and Annie, to have a wonderful weekend!
love
dianna

Friday, October 07, 2005 11:34:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

updateeeee.
please?

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 10:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home