Friday, August 26, 2005

Buster, Buster-Part Three

With Lil'Bit recovered. She and Buster were
inseperable. It was as if they were soul mates.
One day while in the yard with all 3 dogs, a big
yellow dog came into our yard. I mean HUGE. Now
our dogs are small. Sebastian the largest and he
only weighs 12 pounds, Buster about 6 and Lil' Bit 3.
This big yellow dog began chasing after Lil' Bit.
She was terrified....Buster immediately went into
action...Rescue mode. I must save her.
Buster began running after and barking at this massive
creature. He drew the attention away from Lil' Bit
and onto himself. Through the yard he ran with big yellow
dog closely behind. Annie and I are outside screaming
at big yellow and screaming at Lil' Bit to come to Annie.
Come she did not....Still terrified she ran into the road.
Into the road as a car was coming....Buster and us watching.
Buster again sprang into action, running out into the road
directly in front of the oncoming car. He ran directly into
Lil' Bit knocking her out of the way of the on coming car.
He endangered himself to save his soulmate. The car missed
Buster by inches as sweat was pouring out of me. I by now was also
terrified. But, no it was not over....
Big yellow was there....Waiting again to chase our
angels. Lil' Bit was safely in Annie's arms. Big yellow now being
chased by Buster, letting him know to get the hell out of his yard
and away from his precious Lil' Bit. Buster finally ran towards me.
I patted my legs and up he came into my arms.
All were safe. Buster in my arms, Lil' Bit in Annie's arms and
Sebastian inside watching from the front door.
As for big yellow.....we haven't seen him since. I do not
know where he came from or where he went....Just grateful he
was no longer around.

6 Comments:

Blogger Lois Lane said...

Edge of my seat, YIKES! Great story telling. Sounds like you two picked the perfect puppy for Buster to pal around with. Something tells me this isn't the last we'll see of Buster and Lil' Bit.Have a great weekend!
Lois Lane

Saturday, August 27, 2005 7:56:00 AM  
Blogger SassyFemme said...

Oh my God, what an amazing story! I can't get over that Buster ran into the road to get Lil'Bit out of harms way. Simply amazing.

Saturday, August 27, 2005 8:33:00 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

oh Buster you wonderful sweet pup!
how incredible that he ran out to save his tiny friend.....
my heart was pounding as I read this post worried something bad was going to happen.

our critters are our babies too.
they instantly have a way of entering your heart and life that change you forever.

hugs,
Karen

Saturday, August 27, 2005 9:43:00 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Good job Buster...It does sound like you love your pooches!

Saturday, August 27, 2005 10:43:00 AM  
Blogger Jaded said...

What great pups you guys have! They are truly part of the family, like mine are.

Sunday, August 28, 2005 11:00:00 PM  
Blogger Carie said...

I was so glad to get to the part where they were ok...

I have a small mini yorkie as well, her name is Penny (Penelope) and she is so funny...shes 3 1/2 pounds 4 years old and believes she is a pit bull lol...I also have a cockapoo and an australian shepherd...oh and my brain damaged kitty lol thats my farm :)

Monday, August 29, 2005 10:57:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home