Thursday, July 14, 2005

Life Is Like A Box Of Chocolates

You never know what you are going to get.
That's the same way with the game of life.
One day it's all good, the next it just sucks.
I must say I have had many, many more good
days than bad.
I love life and I love my life. I truly
believe there is a difference in the two.

There are multiple things in which I have to
be grateful for. Not the house, the car, or
any other personal belongings but, the things
in life than make me happy. The things that
make me get out of bed every day.
The things that make me happy to be alive.

Love is first on my list.
The love recieved and given by Annie.
The love recieved and given by our children.
The love recieved and given by our pets.
The love for all of my family.

Friends:
I have some of the best friends ever.
Some I see almost daily, some rarely and some
I have never met. They are all equally important.

Lifestyle:
I would not trade my lifestyle for any other
or with any one. I am in the lifestyle I am
meant to be in and with whom I am meant to be.

Home:
Not a house....but a home. Filled with love,
with excitement, daily happenings. Plain and
simple truth, we are family here....just as
any other.

Work:
Totally enjoy my work and do not want to do anything
else. I have been a nurse since 1983 and have no
desire to do or be anything else. Not saying that some
days it totally sucks but, for the most part it's
wonderful....but only ER please.

Play:
Some of you may find this odd and some may find
it funny. Annie and I love playstation games.
This is how we spend our spare time. It's a great
way to unwind, relax and spend time together.
We laugh, we get angry at the silly game that
sometimes we can not seem to master knowing that
a child would have already blasted through....
We do eventually get there, as we did last night.
We stopped playing last night at 3:00am, a quick mail check
and off to bed. Up to a new day of adventures
in the tribe of us.

7 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

the simple things.
it doesn't get any better.
that is what is worth being thankful for.

do your thumbs hurt from the playstation controller thingy?
mine always do !
LOL

Friday, July 15, 2005 8:06:00 AM  
Blogger Jaded said...

Beautiful post.

Mr. Jaded loves to play xbox games. They make me sick...literally. I feel nauseous when I watch them. The action is too much and I get motion sickness. How lame is that?

When we want to do something together, we play board games. We love Scrabble, Boggle and Trivial Pursuit. It's just fun to spend that time together.

I'm so thankful for you and Annie. You're both such wonderful women.

Friday, July 15, 2005 8:54:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Games! I connect with my daughters while playing them. My husband thinks they're a waste but I know better! I love that you love your life. What a gift you are. Peace.

Friday, July 15, 2005 9:31:00 AM  
Blogger author said...

Karen, true story
when we first got our playstation
game system Jan developed a problem with her thumb.
she had to wear a splint and everything.
Tendonitis stopped her playstation activities for a time.
It was too funny.
People asked her what was wrong and she had to admit that
playstation gaming hurt her thumb.
I tease her about it still.

Jaded, when the action button requires you to play as if
you are playing through the main characters eyes
(they call it first person mode)
I can not play either. I get motion sickness too.

Jan posted this poost about gratitude for life
because she went through an awful coroners case yesterday.
We have spent the last 24 hours hurting for the
senseless death of a person.
She cant talk about it and neither can I.
Her cases are off limits for blogging.
This one will be an open case for some
time to come.
Things like this make you
apprieciate life so very much.
Thanks for supporting her.

Friday, July 15, 2005 10:24:00 AM  
Blogger lightfeather said...

Life is really about the simple things, isn't it? Not the material stuff that we collect and schlep around from place to place. So many folks spend a lifetime schlepping stuff from place to place trying to make a house a home, when all they really have to do is bring the love.

Great post. I love you guys!

Saturday, July 16, 2005 8:55:00 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Hi Jan. I have been posting on many blogs, including some of the above and Annie's. But for some reason, never yours.

I cliked you from your post to Camille. I don't know her either and clicked her from somebody else's blog that I go to.

I have deep admiration for you. Your comment to Camille made me cry. You have an enormous heart. And, I have read some of your comments, but not until recently, did I know that you were the Jan, that Annie is so deeply in love with. It finally clicked!

You two are a wonderful couple. I am sorry I have never commented before. It always feels rather weird to comment to somebody I don't know. But, tonight I am changing that. Although, I still haven't the nerve to comment on Camille's blog. Another day perhaps.

You have a lovely family and I wish you continued love and happiness.

BTW, I am a huge Cornwell fan. I have been for years. What you do, must be so draining and I am glad you have Annie there for you, and you for her!

Sunday, July 17, 2005 12:38:00 AM  
Blogger meelo said...

jan - i am a broken record. i adore you and annie. i SUCK at PS. now, i can rock some super nintendo. i'm an old-school kind of gal.

your family is a huge ray of light in my life, and i am so happy to get the opportunity to know you through your blog and comments. you have helped me in so many ways already. i have so much respect for every nurse that i know, but i MUST say this: i respect no one more than you.

Sunday, July 17, 2005 8:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home