Tuesday, July 12, 2005

The Life and Times

Whew, where do I start?
First, Annie has a doctors appointment
this week. She has not felt well for quite some
time. Difficulty breathing, swollen feet mostly
the left, chest pain and pressure, tired with no
energy.
I called our doctors office to make her an
appointment with another doctor in the group
as we do not like the one we had been using.
The receptionist informed me we could not
change doctors within the group....what the crap!!
I told her ok I would just get a new doctor and
I hung up the phone...thanks...NOT.
Another doctor highly recommended appointment made
for this week.
We have talked in detail of making changes in
our lives ie. more healthy eating, decrease in
smoking.
My love for her is there always has been and
always will be. I will be here for her through
it all, thick and thin. Through sickness and
health, wealth or poor. We will win....this
too shall pass.
My life with Annie has been good, great in fact.
She showed me what true love really is.
Before her I had never know real love.
We have a family together. Have been accepted
by all in our community. We have the love and
acceptance of many many friends around us.
Then there are the cyber friends...
what can I say. Fantastic people, caring and
showing your love is what you all do best.
Thank you all for your love and support.

I am so worried about her. We have only had
6 years together....not nearly enough.
We are both scared about her health and will
do what's necessary for a more healthy life.

I want to say thank you to everyone that has
commented and sent e-mails for us. It truly
means a great deal to us...to me.
You guys are the best and I love you all.

Another reason for more healthy eating is my
trigercylides and their high number....417 at
last check. For those that do not know the
normal number...they should be less than 150.
Don't fuss, I know and I am working on that number.

Thanks again to you all.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jan - there are many "other" cyber friends who have been in deep prayer for Annie. Annie is only 5 years older than me. We are saddened as well, yet hope and pray things will turn out fine. Don't just cut back on the smoking - stop. It took my mother from us at only 55 years old. Please keep us updated on our board (please post about the situation) so we can all continue to pray for Annie's health. We all do miss her. Peace...

Tuesday, July 12, 2005 10:46:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oy vey on the trigercylides! Mine were 255 at last check. I, too, must work on some changes. Jan, your love for Annie is so apparent in all you write. I will be keeping you close to my heart and sending positive energy your way as you both make your way through this muck. Peace my friend. Peace.

Wednesday, July 13, 2005 1:14:00 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

I've never heard of such a thing, you can't change doctors within their office! You were wise to find yourselves a different doctor.
Dwelling on impending doom will kill you faster than not changing your habits.
xanax is my friend! And I need to quit smoking as well.

Wednesday, July 13, 2005 6:42:00 AM  
Blogger author said...

Cindy, read my blog. I am not dwelling on impending doom as you say.
Truly I would think you of all people, would understand the need to grieve the loss of what all you were once able to do. If only for a short time.
Why then am I not allowed the same moment.

Wednesday, July 13, 2005 8:36:00 AM  
Blogger Patricia said...

Don't fuss, I know and I am working on that

what a great line.
may i borrow it? :)

Wednesday, July 13, 2005 9:14:00 AM  
Blogger Jaded said...

I don't remember the numbers individually, but my total cholesterol was 263 last check. I'm working on it!

We're all here for you and Annie, in whatever way you need us to be. I keep you both, and your kids in my prayers.

Wednesday, July 13, 2005 1:29:00 PM  
Blogger Lois Lane said...

You two crazy kids are in my prayers all the time. I'll say an extra one for strength during this difficult time of the unknown and the upcoming life changes. Working together, I have no doubt you two can go the healthy route. Good luck!
Lois Lane

Wednesday, July 13, 2005 7:57:00 PM  
Blogger lightfeather said...

So much love here. It is almost hard to fathom. I know the frustrations with doctors and visits. If you don't fight for yourself, the system certainly won't. I am so glad my mom just fought and fought. Her original appointment just to see the gastro doctor would have been this week, since they didn't feel it was an "emergency." Or so they told her in the beginning.

Everyone loves to love you two. Get well and healthy!

Thursday, July 14, 2005 8:06:00 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

you are right Jan.
you will win.
changing little things help.
I am trying to do that too.
cut back the smoking, eating better, etc.
you will support and love each other through this.
yep, you will win.
it's a given.
that's what love is all about.

Thursday, July 14, 2005 8:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home