Thursday, September 08, 2005

Slugs All Around-Finding The Humor

Annie and I had a great laugh just now.
I worked 7pm to 7am last night and slept the
day away. I got up at 3:45 pm and went to my
computer as always. Annie was working on her
blog. We kissed hello and I said sorry I slept
all day.
Later the conversation turned to the lack of
what we had done this week.....Nothing to be
exact. On Monday she cleaned house and did laundry.
John, Katie and I did outside stuff, grass, shrubs
and trimming. I worked Monday night.
Tuesday we did nothing....More of the same on
Wednesday....More of the same on Thursday....Nothing!!

Annie made a comment a few minutes ago that when she
drove Katie to work this afternoon she did so in her PJ's.
While driving she was thinking to herself.....Don't let
anything happen....I would hate to be on the side of the
road in my pink pants. Pink pajama pants....We just had to
laugh, and laugh, and laugh. I can see her now standing
on the side of the road in her pink pajammies....Oh you
just got to love that woman.
We did so little this week, that we did not even dress.
My feelings about this.....Oh well....Sometimes you
just deserve to do nothing....You just have to!!

What we have done a lot of is be glued to the TV.
Watching Katrina stories....Many, many of which have
been happy, a joy to watch. Many happy tears for us
to see these folks getting help. The stories of kindness
and love. There is hope, there is help, there is love all
around.

12 Comments:

Blogger author said...

ok technically they are lounge pants...
pink tye dyed... with a regular shirt,
my hair was combed.

But then there was...
Big thick, grey hunters socks with the
painted on dog walking shoes over that.

Oh and no bra.
yeah, no one deserves to see all
that on the side of the road.

To continue with the lazy week.
Pizza delivery for dinner.

Thursday, September 08, 2005 5:59:00 PM  
Blogger Carie said...

lol thats a cute thought...me and Ken were coming from his house to my house, and I thought since we weren't stopping I would wear my big sylvester kitty slippers lol...we had to stop at Vons for Milk...this little old lady could not stop laughing at me...then thanked me for one helluva laugh...so now I keep a pair of sandles in the trunk lol

Thursday, September 08, 2005 6:04:00 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

I laughed at the Annie in pajammies scenario :)
that sounds like a song !
I have dropped off the kids and had on some pretty wacky outfits (long sleep shirt with thick socks, clogs and a fleece pullover) if I had been pulled over the cop would have probably laughed and let me go !

yep. we do have hope.
lots and lots of it.
the one thing I have seen over & over since this all happened is a country full of love, hope and hands reaching out. in the midst of sadness there is always hope.

thanks for the uplifting thoughts.
they are much appreciated.

hugs,
Karen

Thursday, September 08, 2005 6:27:00 PM  
Blogger SassyFemme said...

Its been a very lazy week here, too. We've been upstairs by 8:30 or 9 almost every night this week, too. From there it's just a chapter or two until I'm snoozing soundly. Laziness brougth pizza to our house tonight, too!

Thursday, September 08, 2005 8:45:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have only been stopped by a police officer twice in my life and both times I had my pj's on! The second time my snowman slippers didn't amuse him enough to let me off either! All I could think was "Please don't let (a guy from work) drive by because I'll never hear the end of this then! LOLOL

Thursday, September 08, 2005 8:57:00 PM  
Blogger biscuit said...

heya girls..
it's not just you!
I finally found the strength to start the frickin dishwasher.. my new schedule and added responsibilities have got me wiped out all week long.. I suppose I should be thankful it's a short week!
the laundry and everything else will still be there.. takin some time for yourself once in a while isn't a bad thing..
and thanks for the visual.. now I too am seeing her on the side of the road in those oh so sexy pj's :)
peace out possums.
biscuit

Thursday, September 08, 2005 11:19:00 PM  
Blogger Lois Lane said...

I think everyone was kind of in that same nothingness all week. Here's to hoping next week some piece begin to get picked up and the people in the south can get their lives back on track. Have a great weekend!
Lois Lane

Friday, September 09, 2005 12:22:00 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

What a fun post. I am in my pjs most mornings taking the girls to school. And if I am not supposed to be anywhere that day, I may still be in them when I pick them up too!

I also prefer to go braless, when dressed, if I am not going out in public. Hate those damn things.

It has been heartwarming and heartwrenching to see the stories unfold this week. The stories of kindness and love give us all hope in humanity.

Friday, September 09, 2005 11:49:00 PM  
Blogger Lois Lane said...

I understand you and the Mrs. had an anniversary. Happy anniversary to you both. (you deserved your own little comment) :)
Lois Lane

Monday, September 12, 2005 3:34:00 PM  
Blogger CrackerLilo said...

Happy anniversary, Jan!!! I hope you and Annie have many more fun, sweet moments like this. :-)

Monday, September 12, 2005 10:27:00 PM  
Blogger Clandestine said...

Happy Birthday!! :)

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 9:33:00 AM  
Blogger Nancy French said...

I found your site through Jaded and Opinionated. I can't imagine working the kinds of shifts you work! but it sounds like you are doing good work, and I know you're helping the patiets feel so much better.

:)
Nancy F

Saturday, October 08, 2005 3:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home