Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Buster, Buster-Part One

Buster, that's the name of my dog. He was not really mine,
I bought him for Annie in the fall of 1999. Buster is a yorkie.
We found him in the newspaper in Soddy Daisy Tennessee.
It was about an hours drive to go see him.
We were in these peoples house. First thing we saw
was a play pen in the kitchen. Puppy sounds were
coming from this play pen. Wonderful puppy sounds.

First look we saw this puppy, small adorable, cute
as a bugs ear. There were several puppies in this pen.
This one was crawling up the side of the play pen, as
if to say take me, I love you. Take me home with you,
let me be your puppy.
Instantly we were in love with this puppy. We picked him
up snuggled him and got immediate puppy kisses. This is
the one. Do you want to hold the others? No need, we
want this one.

Annie and I took this tiny little yorkie home. From the
first moment he loved to ride. I snuggled him in a blanket
for the ride home. He settled right in. On the way home we
began looking at bill boards trying to name Annie's new
puppy. On a bill board was Buster. That became his name.

Annie had another dog Sebastian who at that time was 10 years
old. Sebastian took immediately to Buster and vice versa.
Buster was a true joy to be around. Potty trained very easily.
He slept with Annie and I. He followed our every step.

Buster was the most loving dog I had ever had. He understood
english. He understood most everything we said. You didn't
even have to speak words and he knew what was about to happen.
When Buster heard the keyboard drawer close that was an
indication that something was about to happen. My Moms
are doing something or going somewhere. I wonder if I can go too?
If one of us were in the bathroom he was right there.
When he heard the toilet paper he knew Mom was done....Can
we go play now?
Every day he would sit on a chair or on the back of the couch
about 15 minutes before the bus came home waiting on the kids
to get home from school. If Annie was a work all I had to say
was Momma Annie is coming home and he would go and sit by the
door awaiting her arrival to give kisses. Buster loved everyone
and everyone loved him. He was kind, gentle and very sensitive.
He sensed when something was wrong or someone sick or hurt.
Immediately Buster was right there beside them.

Annie and I were out one day running errands, Buster with his
head out the window enjoying the afternoon air. We stopped at
dairy queen for an ice cream cone. Buster got the first lick
of Annie's ice cream. There was a grin on that dogs face from
ear to ear. Moments like that with Annie and Buster were
priceless. I shared my ice cream with Buster as well.
Hey, after all it the same as kisses.........

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel like that about my dog too Jan! Right now we are waiting for her to go into labor...she is HUGE! I gather from the past tense that something happened to Buster and that makes me sad...you too, I'm sure. Peace.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 8:26:00 PM  
Blogger CrackerLilo said...

Oh, no love in this world like furbaby love! I'm not even a dog person, at all, and your little guy sounded so special.

But I'm with Traci; I don't like this past tense, either. And I'm all too positive that you don't.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 8:45:00 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Yorkies are very smart and oh so cute. I am glad you had so much fun with Buster. Amazing how much we can love our animals. When I was growing up, we were never without a dog, and cats came and went too. But, the dogs were so special and smart. Great companions!

Thursday, August 25, 2005 2:19:00 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

awe... what a sweetie pie.
we also named our dog on the way home from picking him up that first day.
looking into the miles of woods all around the back roads in virginia. I named him Woody, the shortened version of his full name, Woodrow of Kokomo !
what can I say? it sounded so cute!
I too have a sense that you may be talking about Buster in the past tense......I will go read the next installment of the story now.
hugs,
Karen

Saturday, August 27, 2005 9:28:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home