Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Oddities

I find it odd that every human being is not
treated equally.

I find it odd that the government makes it
their business in how I live my life.

I find it odd that all people male or female
can not legally marry whom they so choose.

I find it odd that all people can not get
spousal benefits from their employers.

I find it odd that America choose our present
President.

I find it odd that America is STILL at war.

I find it odd that billions of tax payers
dollars are being spent needlessly in a
war that should have been over long ago.

I find it odd that the people who have died
in this war DIED for what reason?

I find it odd that a cure for cancer has not
been found.

I find it odd that a cure for HIV and AIDS
has not been found.

I find it odd that a cure for diabetes has not
been found.


I find it odd that a cure for the common cold
has not been found.


I find it odd that a cure for a multitude of
other diseases has not been found.

I find it odd at the cost of medical care
today.

I find it odd that so many people choose not
to work for a living.

I find it odd that the people who choose not
to work want the working people to support them.

I find it odd that the government chooses to
support so many people who choose not to work.

I find it odd that the government expects those
of us who DO work to pay for those who choose
NOT to work.

I find it odd that those who truly need government
assistance have a hard time getting said
assistance.

I find it odd that the elderly who have worked
all their lives struggle to get by.

I find it odd that the government wants to take
away social security benefits.

I find it odd that when we say love...do we
really mean love?

I find it odd that when we say Christian,
do we really mean Christian?

I find it odd that when we say love thy neighbor
as thy self do we?

I find it odd that people can not just get along.

I find it odd that some say one thing then do
another.

I find it odd that my friend can not get her
job back.

I find it odd that people do not believe that
alcoholism is a disease.

I find it odd that child abuse exists.

I find it odd that spousal abuse exists.

I find it odd that abuse exists at all.

I find it odd that my SPOUSE could love
my oddities.

I FIND IT ODD........

13 Comments:

Blogger Janine said...

What a great post. I might just have to meme your idea sometime.

I agree with alot of the "things" you find odd!

Wednesday, June 15, 2005 12:35:00 AM  
Blogger for_the_lonely said...

Great post, Jan!

And for the record, love conquors all, even the oddities...;)

Sarah

Wednesday, June 15, 2005 12:49:00 AM  
Blogger Knitty Kitty said...

Very intriguing and cool post..

Move to Canada and at least a few of your oddities will be solved!

But thats my answer for everything, like Canada is the Emerald City or something!!

-Laura

Wednesday, June 15, 2005 1:07:00 AM  
Blogger Knitty Kitty said...

Very intriguing and cool post..

Move to Canada and at least a few of your oddities will be solved!

But thats my answer for everything, like Canada is the Emerald City or something!!

-Laura

Wednesday, June 15, 2005 1:07:00 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

Way to go! Yet another way to use odd!

Wednesday, June 15, 2005 7:00:00 AM  
Blogger Jaded said...

Love this post. But I must tell you, I panic a little every time I come here and find that I'm an even number. I have to refresh the page so I can leave you with an odd number, just in case.

Wednesday, June 15, 2005 6:43:00 PM  
Blogger Jan said...

Thanks Jaded. I appreciate the support.LOL

Wednesday, June 15, 2005 10:36:00 PM  
Blogger biscuit said...

I find it odd that tornadoes always seem to touch down in trailer parks...
and
that we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway..

there are many questions..
:)

Wednesday, June 15, 2005 11:52:00 PM  
Blogger Blogzie said...

Hi Jan!

Thanks ever so much for your comment.

You are more than welcome, anytime!

Take Care,

Blogzie

P.S. Seven has been my lucky number since I was, well, seven.

Friday, June 17, 2005 3:10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find it odd that you wrote an even number of things that you find odd. Got ya!

Friday, June 17, 2005 9:48:00 PM  
Blogger lightfeather said...

So many oddities in the world. I am so glad you are in mine and are perfect as you are!

Thank you for your thoughts, prayers, love and for being you!
Lightfeather

Sunday, June 19, 2005 10:39:00 PM  
Blogger Lois Lane said...

This is a great post! We do live in an odd little world don't we?! Personally, even though every year I support finding cures for everything under the sun, through walks, runs, fundraising events, ect, I really think it's a waste of time. I believe that disease is too profitable for our government and the cures will never come to light. (Sorry I am in an anti government mood. But happy otherwise. You ever just feel like Debbie Downer? LOL!)
Really, great post! And thank you for your b-day wishes!
Lois Lane

Monday, June 20, 2005 4:06:00 PM  
Blogger Carie said...

alot of the things you find odd so do I...and today I was told I was odd so hmmm where does that leave me lol

Wednesday, June 22, 2005 12:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home