Tuesday, December 18, 2007

I Know, I Know, It's been a long time....

Whew, its sure has been a long time since I have seen this blog page. Sorry folks.
No excuse just have not done it.
Christmas is a week away, I am excited. The shopping has been completed. The gifts are all wrapped. I think Annie will be surprised at her gifts this year and pleased as well. She has been completed 95% of all our Christmas shopping, decorating and preparing by her self this year. Thank you Annie and just for that Santa and his reindeer will come to see you as you have been a very good girl this year.
She took time out from her art to complete Christmas and make it wonderful as always.
This is a big deal as she loves her art and misses creating very much. It is a joy to watch her work, to watch her create. Darn, how did she get all so gifted? I can not draw a straight line with a ruler.

A few weeks ago Annie and I went to South Carolina to visit family and friends. It was a very brief visit just 24 hours. It was wonderful to see my sister, brother in law, niece, Aunt and cousins. Our time was short but the visit was great. We spent the night at a friends house that I met through nursing school 26 years ago. It was also wonderful to see her as well. The next day we had lunch with some of the EMS folks I used to work with. For a brief moment it made me miss EMS...Not enough to work 24 hour shifts again. But, there was that brief moment. These guys/gals have not changed one bit in the last 8 years.
It is extremely difficult to stay in touch but we promised to do better. I promised as well and Annie will hold me to it. Family and friends are important.
After lunch Annie and I headed to Myrtle Beach for our first non coroner related vacation in several years. OCEAN here we come. It was absolutely wonderful. A suite ocean front with private balcony. We left the sliding glass door open the entire time we were there. Nothing better than sleeping with the sound of the ocean.
Another reason for visiting Myrtle Beach was the anual Spring-Maid art show. It is the first weekend of December every year. Four floor of hand crafted art and only one person there with mosaics. Next year Annie will be there with her mosaics. Lets put some competition in this art show people. Her art will far exceed any one elses.
If you have not seen her art please go to:
designsbyannieb.com
I think you will agree it is fantastic.
Thank you Annie for the ocean trip. You are wonderful and I love you with all I am.
Merry Christmas honey.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jaded said...

Welcome back!

It's SO wonderful to hear FROM you instead of ABOUT you for a change! Don't get me wrong...I'm thankful that Annie keeps us posted...it's just nice to hear things from your perspective. You know how she worries what you're thinking, even though the rest of us KNOW you love her like crazy! It's just a beautiful thing to hear it in your own words.

You two are so blessed to have built such a full, loving life and family together. Thank you both for sharing that with us.

Merry Christmas!! I wish you both health, happiness, love, prosperity and abundant joy in the new year.

Tuesday, December 18, 2007 11:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home