Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Christmas Is Near

Christmas is near....And all through the house.......
Packages wrapped, packages sorted into different areas
to take to different places on designated days. Packages
wrapped under the tree. Our beautiful tree adorned with
the most beautiful ornaments, some hand made, many bought.
Gifts hidden here and hidden there.....Just have to remember
in my over 40 years of age just where I put them....That will
be interesting.
All our friends at work ask each year for goodies....Annie's
homemade goodies. Her reply this year, I am not making any and
you can not make me.
Well, we spent Monday making 3 batches of fudge, 4 recipes of sausage balls
and Annie made a cheese ball. Tuesday we made 3 batches of peanut
butter balls....Six hours later at 6pm we had 492 pb balls.
These make wonderful gifts, enjoyed by all.
Tuesday night we attended a party at a friends house. We arrived
early and I sang karoke....Badly but had a blast trying. I love to sing,
I just wish my voice would cooperate.
We ate and sang then played poker, while enjoying each others company.

It has taken me a while to enjoy Christmas. Annie and the kids
have several wonderful Christmas traditions. The focus being on making
others happy....Annie is the best at that.
Every year on Christmas eve we read a Christmas story and everyone opens
a gift....New PJ's and one family gift. After the kids go to bed
Santa comes bringing gifts and stockings. I never had this as a kid and
to see it now, and being a part of it brings joy to me. Family traditions
should be cherished. I cherish my family. I now cherish Christmas. I
cherish memories we have made in our past 6 Christmas'.

I wish you all joy in this holiday season.

15 Comments:

Blogger Blogzie said...

Just dropping by to wish you and yours a delightful holiday.

Enjoy!

XoXoXoXoXoX

Thursday, December 22, 2005 1:28:00 AM  
Blogger Carie said...

I love traditions, I have alot with Ashley...the biggest is shopping for her special ornament...getting the one that sums up her year for her...this year it was hurcules from DisneyLand...said it showed the strength of the family

Friday, December 23, 2005 2:46:00 AM  
Blogger Jaded said...

Merry Christmas to you, Annie and the kids!!

xoxox

Saturday, December 24, 2005 12:48:00 AM  
Blogger for_the_lonely said...

Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas!!!

Love,
Sarah

Sunday, December 25, 2005 4:23:00 AM  
Blogger Clandestine said...

merry christmas!!!

i hope you and annie and the kids have a wonderful day!

Sunday, December 25, 2005 7:49:00 AM  
Blogger sttropezbutler said...

Peacemas Jan to you and Annie and the kids!

I hope this morning brought you all much joy and happiness. I hope to that this happiness continues throughout the NEW YEAR!

Glad Ms. Kimmie was able to help you...and I have a feeling I know what it is all about!

XXOO

STB

Sunday, December 25, 2005 9:06:00 AM  
Blogger www.kimmy.cc said...

Merry Christmas!

~~ Kimmy

Sunday, December 25, 2005 8:44:00 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Belated Merry Christmas to you too Jan. Sheesh, 492 pb balls??? I love those things. I am so glad my brother is divorced from the only person who ever gave them to us! I am also glad I never learned how to make them! UGH

I think it is wonderful that you have new memories to cherish Jan!

Monday, December 26, 2005 12:08:00 PM  
Blogger CrackerLilo said...

Happy post-Christmas! And a Happy New Year to both you and Annie! :-)

Monday, December 26, 2005 4:35:00 PM  
Blogger meelo said...

hey jan - this post makes me smile. chris and i often discuss the traditions we want to make with our own family. you and annie personify that dream that can be a reality in my mind. i hope you had a great christmas. you and annie have been missed. i'm moving to atlanta in two weeks! i asked annie how much she charges to teach lessons in craftiness. i need 'em...

Thursday, December 29, 2005 7:18:00 PM  
Blogger sttropezbutler said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR JAN!

CHEERS

STB

Sunday, January 01, 2006 8:58:00 AM  
Blogger www.kimmy.cc said...

OK darlin, it's done been Christmas AND New Years! Time for a post :)

Saturday, January 07, 2006 8:18:00 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Hi Jan. Just wanted to say hi. Hi!

Hugs,
Nancy

Sunday, January 15, 2006 10:06:00 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

again, sorry for the lateness of this but I wanted to comment on this post :)
traditions are the absolute best aren't they? there are some we do even when it isn't a holiday--every friday morning as we all head out the door for work & school we say to each other "TGIF I love you !" we never miss a friday morning without it !
so happy that you are sharing traditions now and will, I am sure, start a few new ones too !
take care,
hugs,
Karen

Sunday, January 15, 2006 10:35:00 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Jan,
I hope that you are feeling better soon!

Saturday, January 21, 2006 12:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home