Saturday, May 28, 2005

Graduation Party At Our House

It's party time. Katie has officially graduated from
High School. Our house is full of teenagers, some of
which are just like Katie.....no longer in high school...
they are 2005 graduates.

Laughter, music, a movie playing....it's all good.

I made an announcement that anyone who was or will
be drinking would not be driving if and when they left.
Party on.....but absolutely no drinking and driving
from this house.

Annie and I have to be at work in the morning at 7am.
Not much sleep happening here tonight.

Pizza arrived a few minutes ago....we were starving.
Most times on party days we forget to eat...or just
don't have the time.

Graduation was wonderful....packed
Can you believe it....Annie didn't even cry....

Our Katie, all grown up. Beautiful, intelligent,
an amazing woman and person.

Katherine, your Moms are proud of you.

7 Comments:

Blogger meelo said...

congratulations - to katie and you and annie, as well. it's an accomplishment for you all to be proud of! now comes the hard part...college!! but i'm there right now, so i can tell you that you don't need to worry too much. she sounds like she's very level-headed. i'm sure she'll be great! congrats again!

Saturday, May 28, 2005 12:05:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH that is so wonderful. Glad it went very well. Drinking? How old are these kids? Just kidding. I loved parties at your house when I was just 20. hehehehe. Tell them all congrads from me.

C-ya in the AM

Saturday, May 28, 2005 12:33:00 AM  
Blogger for_the_lonely said...

Well, Annie may not have cried, but I am damnit! I always get so happy for parents when their kids graduate...what a feeling! Just like I told Annie, your kids are so darn lucky to have TWO mommies that love them very much! Congratulations on a job well done! :)

Hugs to you and yours,
Sarah

Saturday, May 28, 2005 1:31:00 AM  
Blogger lightfeather said...

I was in your place just last May. So bittersweet. All good mixed in with the memories of that little girl grown up. So many dreams yet to come.

You can be so proud!

Saturday, May 28, 2005 1:44:00 PM  
Blogger CrackerLilo said...

Totally unrelated, but I love your answer to the "question" on your profile.

And your partner is really cool people, so I trust that you are, too. :-)

Tuesday, May 31, 2005 1:12:00 PM  
Blogger HypnoKitten said...

I put a link up to you at my nurseblog http://mediblogopathy.blogspot.com come check it out if you like. You can also grab a "nurseblogs" logo tag if you want. Keep up the good work. Congrats on your daughter's graduation, thats so nice! :) -HK

Wednesday, June 01, 2005 12:03:00 AM  
Blogger author said...

Chris, I'm still teaching about this blogging thing.
She doesn't quite get the whole...
you have to actually write part.
I'll make her come up with something today !

Wednesday, June 01, 2005 10:25:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home