Sunday, May 15, 2005

Whew....The Weekend Is Over

I realize that most people are not as excited that the weekend
is over as I. You see, I work on weekends, every weekend.
It begins on Friday 7am and ends Sunday 7pm. 12 hours
for 3 days....sometimes 4 days.
This Friday my weekend began in our little ER busy as usual.
This one was different....I was in pain, gallbladder pain
and nausea....all day.
Annie and I came home at 7:30pm, checked ours and
other blogs, checked mail and ate dinner. All was well.
We were about ready for bed...about 9:15 I began with
a sharp stabbing pain in my left lower abdomen...It
was breath taking, excruciating. Nothing would stop it.
Tried lying down....big mistake. Annie says I was on
all fours rocking on the bed....couldn't be still.

I had no clue what this pain was. Tried getting up and
walking....no relief, back to bed. Annie says....
Do you want me to take you to the hospital????
Yes, yes, yes...oh please...I think I am dying
here.

Now I know she is driving fast....it just seemed like
it was 10 miles per hour. On the way I began also
to hurt in my back....light bulb came on.
I have a kidney stone....oh shit it hurts and
hurts. Can someone make this scorching
knife in my side and back stop.

At the ER 2 needle sticks for an IV....and
what seemed like an eternity later...meds.
Sweet wonderful pain and nausea relieving
meds. Whew...I feel better.

Now after some IV fluids I have to give urine.

Doctor comes back in about 12:15am....
Surprise, surprise he said you have a kidney
stone....OK, I'll give you more pain medicine,
drink lots of fluids....he said oh, you know the
routine....prescription written for pain.

Annie signed the papers and out the door
we went....me wobbling while walking.

Thanks Annie, I think you saved my life.
I was surely going to die from pain.
To bed at 1am and back to work on Saturday
at 7am.....it's the weekend.

Needless to say Annie and I both felt like crap
all day Saturday.....
Darn headaches and sleepies for Annie
Darn stones kidney and gallbladder and sleepies for me

It's Sunday night..our weekend is over.

Gallbladder out in the am....

Life is good...ok...better than Friday night.

6 Comments:

Blogger lightfeather said...

I am so sorry you had to have such pain. As I told Annie, I am sending legions of angels to be at your sides. They will nestle you under their feathery wings and hold you until you are well.

Thanks for the uplifting comment on my blog. It made me laugh and those are hard to find around here, especially on the weekends! I have a huge cast iron skillet by the way!

Sunday, May 15, 2005 9:10:00 PM  
Blogger Jaded said...

I have shared your pain...twice. Once when I was 27 and again at 33. Worst pain I have ever felt, without a doubt. The urologist though he'd be funny and said "wow, you picked the number one pain on the hit parade." I was on morphine, or I'd have hit him. My aim wasn't terribly good with all the drugs, lol.

My prayers will be with you tomorrow for your surgery.

Sunday, May 15, 2005 11:16:00 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

My heart and prayers are with you today for your surgery. You'll be amazed at how much better you will feel when you wake up! If you are having the scope type, recovery time is minimal, so is the pain.

Monday, May 16, 2005 6:27:00 AM  
Blogger biscuit said...

ouch!
my dad had a kidney stone once.. I know what kind of pain he was in, so I can imagine what you are going through.. I hope that everything goes well for ya!
peace
biscuit

Monday, May 16, 2005 1:06:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better, I know that Annie is taking good care of you. Hope all went well this morning, Annie gave me the thumbs up on her way to get the car. By the way...How did you like the resume that I sent you. Try not to laugh unless meds are on board! Get well soon.

Monday, May 16, 2005 1:32:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a hell of a weekend. I about give up. It liked to kill me, I could not imagine doing it with all the pain you were in.

Saturday, May 21, 2005 10:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home