Wednesday, May 11, 2005

My First

I am not a writer. Never have been never will.
Words do not come to me easily. But, here goes.

I am a nurse, deputy coroner and paramedic.
I live in North Georgia and moved here in April 1999.
My love Annie and I met on the internet just over 6 years ago.
She is my heart, my other half, my best friend, my spouse,
my lover.

I moved to North Georgia from a small town in South
Carolina.

My work is in the medical field. Twenty three years
as a nurse. Eighteen of those ER. I was a paramedic
in South Carolina. I worked full time ER part time
EMS or vice versa for 10 years.

The love of excitement has keep me in the ER. Helping
people is what I do best. I am good at it and it is good for me.

I no longer work as a paramedic and haven't since moving
to Georgia. Tired of being up all night, working 24 hour shifts,
bad back are a few reasons I no longer work EMS.

I do miss EMS sometimes. Miss being in the streets making
decisions.

My life here in North Georgia could not be better.
A wonderful spouse, 3 great kids, 3 great dogs and
1 ok cat. It's a good thing our yard is not fenced in...
it would be full of animals...The dog kind.

Great friendships have been made here. Thanks you guys.
I love you all.

Being 350 miles away from family and friends is hard.
I don't stay in contact as often as I should.
My fault...Not theirs. I do miss and love them.
Hopefully this summer we can visit.

My home now is in Georgia........Love the area,
love the friends, love the family, love my work.

I am also a deputy coroner for our county.
A co-worker asked me 4 years ago if I wanted to be
deputy coroner. Well, heck yeah....right after I talk
with Annie. It was off to school to learn the Georgia law.
We are required to have 24 hours annual training, which
Annie and I also turn into a vacation.

A lot of being a deputy coroner is sad. Loss of life is always sad.
Watching family and friends grieve is sad. I believe I do make a
difference in their lives. I am sorry for your loss is usually the
first thing I say after introducing myself.
I do this to make a difference, to ease pain.
To help loved ones with the death process.
Another part of it is investigation. Love this part.
Dead people do talk...just not in words.

Ok, enough....but, first let me explain the name
Jan/Fred.....
Jan is my name. Fred is a name that Annie and I call
each other. It's another way of saying I l0ve you.
I use Fred at work too. Some days there are 3 Jans.
It's easier and less confusing to be called Fred.
It's funny to have patients ask me about Fred.
Is your name Jan or Fred. Well it's both...Use either.

10 Comments:

Blogger author said...

see I told you, you could write !
welcome to blogging !
I love you fred...

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 11:52:00 AM  
Blogger Jan said...

thanks Fred for your kind words.
I love you.

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 11:55:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your words read easily enough. Awesome.
Best,
Julie

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 12:22:00 PM  
Blogger for_the_lonely said...

Dear Jan,
Welcome to blogger world. You are now in a deep vortex of thoughts and ideas that you never knew you could convey! LOL
I wish you the best with oyur writings. I think that it takes someone special to work in oyur profession. You have a real doll of a wife, too! You two are such a great couple! ;)
I'm looking forward to some more of your posts. I hope that you post soon!

Hugs to you,
Sarah ( my wife calls me " Daddy" LMAO!)

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 7:03:00 PM  
Blogger lightfeather said...

Annie was my very first comment when I started to blog. My release and my truest joy! You two have the finest of lives, yes you do!

I laugh when I see Fred/Jan. My brother and I have always just called each other Eddie. Our spouses are called Eddie. All of the kids, little Eddies. Now that I am in Arizona, we have become the AZ Eddies. Its all about love, isn't it?

Write on!

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 10:57:00 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

Welcome Jan to our stanger friend world. Pretty darn good for your first post. You're saved and will be visited daily!

Thursday, May 12, 2005 6:28:00 AM  
Blogger TheMommason said...

Awesome start now keep at it :)
When you get in the hang of doing one every day you will feel like you missed something if you don't do a blog that day! I could never keep a journal a few days and it was out of sight out of mind but the blog is so easy and gets you addicted!

Thursday, May 12, 2005 10:49:00 AM  
Blogger Jaded said...

It's fun isn't it? The process of just saying what you feel like saying and having people connect, even in some small way? It really is a way to be validated, to see others share your thoughts, even if there are differences.

FYI: I met my husband online 10 years ago, and we've been married now for 9 years. He moved to NJ to be with me because I couldn't move at that time, and we're still here. We have a newly built home and a 3 year old daughter. It's funny how life brings you things that you never planned on, especially when it's better than the things you'd planned for yourself.

Friday, May 13, 2005 10:23:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrads on your new blog. I think it is great to know you as a person , but to know get to read your thoughts and feelings as well. I feel that you are a part of my family, but you are such a quiet person most of the time. I do not really know a lot of your past time, except for the fact of the medical field. This is going to be a wonderful experince.

Knowing you as a person, I think you are a very kind and gentle soul. It would be calming to know that you had to tell me about the loss of a loved one. I would not want any other person to be face to face with in that situation.

glad you came to north ga with us!

Friday, May 13, 2005 11:12:00 AM  
Blogger biscuit said...

Jan Fred..
dude.. deputy coroner? awesome..
I was supposed to go to school to get into forensics, I took a sudden left turn and ended up working in television.. But I have always been fascinated by the kind of work that coroners and forensics people do..
welcome to the world of the bloggin..
will see you again soon.. off to comment on fishing..

Friday, May 13, 2005 11:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home